Friday, June 5, 2009

Poat 5

I just got back from my first day, I'm going to dinner with two guys from the office in an hour. My first day was great, the Director, Shyam, is a great teacher and very patient. My project is very exciting and could raise a very large sum of money for them.

Peak Alpha is a financial management company founded in 05, they have shops in Banaglore and Chenai. They are small, only 18 employees and all of them are really nice. My project is to prepare a financial model, business plan, and powerpoint for a program that gives venture capital to start ups. I worked on the model today and am working on the business plan outline tomorrow. I only have to work a half day tomorrow since it's saturday and not at all on sunday. I'm pretty famaliar with writing business plans and I have done one practice model, but I have already learned a lot and am kind of in a baptism by fire situation. Luckily everyone is really nice and helpful so it looks like its going to be great.

I'm starting yoga class tomorrow at a place down the street. I'm also playing basketball with some guys from the office on sunday morning. They guys I'm playing with said they'd give me a tour of the city on Sunday. Should be pretty interesting.

Just wanted to update you on the work I'll be doing. It's exciting to be doing something that actually matters, the stuff I'm doing will actually be used and could have a decent sized impact. I'll write again in a few days, hopefully a few more adventures between now and then.

Love,
Matt

btw I am on skype now, matt.harris34 if anyone wants to talk. the office is very tech savvy, my learning curve is very steep.

No comments:

Post a Comment